“66% of Americans think that President Bush is doing a poor job in his handling of the war. The other 34% of people think that Adam and Eve rode Dinosaurs to church.”
Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live
I've joined the fediverse! Find me on Mastodon. Find me on Pixelfed.
RIP Jimmy Buffett. “If we we’re all crazy, we would go insane.”
Becoming a Premier League fan makes the end of the NFL season much less somber.
I recommend Neeva private search to help protect your privacy. I signed up for the Premium version, but you can use their free version across web and mobile.
Argentina wins the 2022 World Cup with an epic final game. And Messi gets his storybook ending as the greatest of all time.
Testing the ActivityPub WordPress plugin. This post should publish to @scott
The Minnesota #Vikings win an absolute classic game at the Buffalo Bills. Justin Jefferson has a killer forth quarter including one of the greatest clutch catches of all time! #SKOL Vikings!
Trying Mastodon Autopost to WordPress plugin. Originating my content on my site is something I should prioritize.
Hacker T Dog, cockers!
Severence on Apple TV+ is a great show and I’m looking forward to season 2. Don’t miss “The Lexington Letters” for some additional insights into the mystery.
The 1950 U.S. Census has been published and is freely searchable. Go spy on your ancestors.
They’re Made Out of Meat
Proof of life on Mars?
WandaVision has been pretty good, hopefully the final episode will pay it off!
If you like end-of-year lists as much as I do, then you need to know about Largehearted Boy.
Vote! “The most important office, and the one which all of us can and should fill, is that of private citizen.” Louis Brandeis.
RIP Eddie Van Halen.
Thank you Way Back Machine!
Cleaned up a bunch of dead video embeds on posts from year’s past.
Kevin Kelly’s “68 Bits of Unsolicited Advice” is full of gems, pinned here for future and frequent reference.
The Galaxy Buds are great devices. They may not be quite as seamless as AirPods, but they come close for Samsung phone users. Our augmented future includes computers in our ears.
Foldable screens are here, but the products are very early versions. I expect I’ll buy something foldable no earlier than 2021.
File under “I should have done this year’s ago”. I added favicons to my Favorites page.
I added “Asides…” to the site’s sidebar using some custom code for WordPress, leveraging Post Type. Read more here.
My next personal computer is probably going to be a Chromebook
© 2023 Scott's Blog | A home. A home on the range.